Early voting begins Oct. 17 for the 2018 midterm election in North Carolina. The general election will take place Tuesday, Nov. 6. Here’s what voters in Mecklenburg County need to know in order to prepare.
- Do You Know Someone Who Is Missing After Hurricane Michael?
- After Paul Allen Co-Founded Microsoft, He Changed Brain Science Forever
- Report: Liberian Charity Worker Raped Girls He Was Supposed To Protect
- CDC Investigates Cases Of Rare Neurological 'Mystery Illness' In Kids
- 'Tiny' Vs. 'Horseface': Trump Slings Mud With Stormy Daniels After Courtroom Win
Few Charlotteans may remember Earle Village, the public housing community built in First Ward just outside uptown. It was a bustling community that stretched from 6th street to 10th street, roughly bordered by Myers Street and Caldwell Street. It was the place where 400 of the city's poorest families resided — until the village was condemned to demolition in the 1990s.