Former Carolina Panthers receiver Rae Carruth was 25 years old the day a Mecklenburg County jury found him guilty of conspiring to kill Cherica Adams in 2001. He’s 44 now and Monday morning was released from the Sampson Correctional Institution in Clinton, North Carolina.
- Cramped Legroom On Flights Unlikely To Change, Despite Congressional Mandate
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Of 'Veep,' 'Seinfeld' Fame, Receives Mark Twain Prize
- Want To Keep Your Brain Sharp? Take Care Of Your Eyes And Ears
- A New Prescription For Depression: Join A Team And Get Sweaty
- Justice Department Expands Tribal Police Help, Calling It 'Right Thing To Do'
Frye Gaillard has been writing about the South for going on 50 years. In SouthBound's home base of Charlotte, he was a legendary feature writer for the Charlotte Observer. But he’s best known for his books, which range from a study of school integration to a biography of Jimmy Carter.