Updated 5:35 p.m. Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools will be closed for students and staff Monday due to the winter storm that swept across the Charlotte area. The district announced Monday afternoon that crews are working to restore power and heat to dozens of schools in Mecklenburg County.
- China Summons U.S. Ambassador Over Arrest Of Huawei CFO
- Exclusive: Ed Department To Erase Debts Of Teachers, Fix Troubled Grant Program
- Slave Bible From The 1800s Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion
- Not Time To 'See The Winter Wonderland': N.C. Governor Says To Stay Off Roads
- 'Dream It On Through': Dolly Parton On Her New Album, Inspiring Young People And More
WFAE listener Chappy Garner has been mountain biking for about five years, and one of his favorite spots in Charlotte is the Backyard Trails — a 12-mile network of twisty, turvey paths winding through 140 acres of woods in south Charlotte.