OPEN ONLY TO DONORS OF WFAE 90.7fm (CHARLOTTE’S NPR NEWS SOURCE). MANY WILL ENTER, ONE WILL WIN. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. CLAIMING PRIZE REQUIRES donor to be 21 or older.
- RAFFLE PERIOD; HOW TO ENTER. This WFAE 2018 End-of-Year Fundraiser Raffle (this “Raffle”) runs from 12:00:01 am Eastern on December 3, 2018 through the end of WFAE’s End-of-Year Fundraising Campaign to cease no later than 6:59:59 pm Eastern on December 10, 2018 (the “Raffle Period”). Raffle is open only to Eligible Donors. “Eligible Donors” means: (a) current, active sustaining members of WFAE, and (b) any donor who makes a donation during the Raffle Period, excluding in each case employees of Sponsor. Only Eligible Donors who are 21 or older may claim a prize. Current, active sustaining members of WFAE automatically receive one (1) entry in the Raffle, and may receive an additional automatic entry if they increase their contribution amount during the Raffle Period. All donors who make a donation during the Raffle Period will also receive one (1) automatic entry per donation made during the Raffle Period. If you prefer not to participate, please feel free to decline a prize if you are selected as a potential winner. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.wfae.org. Sponsor: WFAE Radio 90.7fm, 8801 J.M. Keynes Dr., Ste. 91 Charlotte, NC 28262.
- DRAWING; ODDS; WINNER NOTIFICATION. Following the end of the Raffle Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential first prize winner from all eligible entries during the Raffle Period. No need to be present at drawing to win. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during the Raffle Period. Sponsor will notify potential winners by phone or email, in Sponsor’s discretion. You consent to be contacted by email for purposes of this Raffle. As a condition to claim a prize, potential winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor within five (5) business days of receipt: (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release, (ii) a Guest Release, and (iii) a W-9 form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) (collectively, the “Winner Documents”). Sponsor reserves the right to verify potential winner and guest ages for purposes of eligibility. If a potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them within 48 hours of Sponsor’s attempt, does not timely return the Winner Documents or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, time permitting given prize event dates, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- PRIZES. Sponsor will award one (1) prize package. Prize package includes: A “Holiday Gift Extravaganza” bundle including, but not limited to the following: Four (4) tickets to see the Charlotte Ballet’s 2018 “The Nutcracker” performance at Belk Theatre at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center (130 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202), $250 gift certificate to Taylor Richards & Conger, a $250 gift certificate to Original Mattress Company, a $250 VISA Cash card, a Blumenthal Performing Arts Center event ticket package, a $200 gift certificate to Great Outdoor Provisions, a $500 voucher for hotel and spa services at Ballantyne Resort, a $200 gift certificate to The Pump House, a $150 voucher to Nexxa Transportation, a gift certificate to the Antiquarian jeweler, a $200 gift certificate to Biggs Camera, a $25 gift certificate to Divine Barrel Brewing, a $200 gift certificate to Wildology, a $250 gift certificate to Steinway Piano Gallery of Charlotte, a gift certificate to Corkscrew Wine Bar, and (2) Family 4-Packs to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden’s “Holidays at the Garden.” Sponsor reserves the right to add additional vendors and items during Raffle Period. (Approximate Retail Value: Over $2500.00). Attendance at any event is subject to that venue’s terms for its patrons. Use of any gift certificate, gift card, or voucher is subject to its terms and conditions, including any expiration date, determined by the merchant and/or venue, and venue reservation availability. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of the any show performance by its producer or venue.
Additional terms for prize: Nexxa Car rental is subject to pick up by winner at Nexxa’s available locations, presentation of a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and compliance with Nexxa’s terms and conditions for car rentals, which may include returning the rental without damage and with a full tank of gas. Any unusable portion of a prize package (regardless of why use is not possible), shall be forfeit. Sponsor has no obligation to replace lost or stolen items, gift cards or gift certificates. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any expenses, licenses, permits, insurance, gratuities, hotel/inn incidentals, and any other costs or expenses incurred in claiming or using the prize, and not expressly included in the prize description in these Official Rules. No prize substitutions or cash equivalent of any prize component is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable.
- GENERAL. Winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent for Sponsor or its designees to use and/or publish winner’s full name, city and state of residence, hometown, photograph or other likeness, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner, worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes, in any media, without further compensation, notice, review, or approval. By participating in this Raffle, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless all prize providers, including Sponsor, and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns of all such parties from: (i) any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of prize or resulting from participating in this Raffle or any prize-related activities, and (ii) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty with respect to any prize.
- DISPUTES. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed under, the laws of the State of North Carolina. Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.