Charlotte City Council declared a state of emergency Saturday for the city and Mecklenburg County after protests over police brutality sparked by the killing of a black man named George Floyd by a white Minneapolis police officer turned violent in Charlotte on Friday evening.
- RNC Asks Cooper For Assurance ‘Full Convention’ Can Happen In Charlotte
- NC Reports Another Record-High In Coronavirus Cases As Hospitalizations Inch Down
- Among The 1st To Get A Polio Vaccine, Peter Salk Says Don’t Rush A COVID-19 Shot
- ‘Highest Level Of Risk’: Union County School Board Approves High School Graduations At Stadiums
- SC Reports Largest Single-Day Increase In Coronavirus Cases, 13 Deaths
- The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Reopening Plan Is Modeled After An Unexpected Source
- CDC Quickly Changed Its Guidance On Limiting Choirs At Religious Services
- McConnell Says Next Coronavirus Aid Bill Will Be The Last
- In-Person Classes More Likely In SC; Details Not Certain
- Cohen Replies To RNC: Do You Still Want No Social Distancing, No Masks?
Marcus King was playing clubs around the Carolinas before he was old enough to drive. Now, at 24, he leads the Marcus King Band, taking his blend of rock, blues, country and soul all over the world. And he’s got a new solo record called “El Dorado” that was produced by Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys.
- In 'Humankind,' Rutger Bregman Aims To Convince That Most People Are Good
- Minnesota To Deploy Record Guard Force To Contain Unrest Over Death Of George Floyd
- As Trump Targets Twitter's Legal Shield, Experts Have A Warning
- Supreme Court Rejects Church's Challenge To California's Coronavirus Rules
- As 'Hero' Pay Ends, Essential Workers Wonder What They Are Worth