With no fanfare and 16 days overdue, the final stretch of I-77 Express toll lanes north of Charlotte was scheduled to open at 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa Wins Sri Lankan Presidential Elections
- Even Researchers Were Shocked By How Tough Life Is For Sanitation Workers
- Harry Styles Sings, Hosts And Acts On 'SNL' — And Shows Off A New Song
- Ghosts Haunt 'The Inheritance,' From E.M. Forster, To The Generation Lost To AIDS
- Months After Massive ICE Raid, Residents Of A Mississippi Town Wait And Worry
Mitch Landrieu comes from one of the South’s most storied political families. His dad, Moon Landrieu, was mayor of New Orleans for 28 years. His sister, Mary, was a U.S. Senator. Mitch was lieutenant governor of Louisiana and then mayor of New Orleans from 2010 to 2018. After leaving office he founded the E Pluribus Unum Fund to study issues involving race in the South.