It's about that time of year again. Charlotte's maples and oaks have fully unfurled their leaves for the summertime, the humidity in the air has been steadily rising, and Memorial Day weekend is already upon us. That means it's time for the city to celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer with all things NASCAR at uptown Charlotte's Circle K Speed Street Festival .
- 'Won't Give Up': Siblings Of Jailed Saudi Women's Rights Activist Speak Out In U.S.
- One LA Community Where Folk And Rock Converged
- More Than 1,000 Holocaust Victims Are Buried In Belarus After Mass Grave Discovered
- Kenneth Feinberg To Mediate Roundup Settlement Talks Between Bayer And Plaintiffs
- Binyavanga Wainaina Tells Us 'How To Write About Africa'
How do you respond to tragedies? We all face them periodically over the course of our lives. Sometimes there's little we can do to remedy the situation. Other times, we're given the opportunity to fight back.