Duke Energy says it will start construction at the end of April on what is now a planned 40-story office tower across from its headquarters in uptown Charlotte.
- 'Shocked' New Zealand Rifle Club Revokes Membership Of Mosque Shootings Suspect
- Trial To Begin For White Police Officer Who Shot Unarmed Black Teen
- A Small Town In Texas Is Home To One Of The Last Baseball Glove Factories In The U.S.
- Russia Criminalizes The Spread Of Online News Which 'Disrespects' The Government
- Democrats Call For Investigation Into Pro-Trump Former Owner Of Massage Parlors
A version of this story was originally published on May 8, 2018. Orlando has tourism, Nashville has music — it seems like Charlotte has always been defined by its banks. But have you ever wondered why?