Teachers in many schools across North Carolina staged protests Wednesday morning outside their schools in response to deadlocked negotiations between state lawmakers and Gov. Roy Cooper over educator pay raises.
- Federal Appeals Court Lets Stand Ruling That Congress Can Subpoena Trump Tax Returns
- NTSB Says Coast Guard Ignored Duck Boat Safety Recommendations
- Independent Probe Of Virginia Beach Shooting Leaves Many Unanswered Questions
- Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick To Make Late Entry Into 2020 Campaign
- Trump Sweet, Congress Sour On Turkey
Mitch Landrieu comes from one of the South’s most storied political families. His dad, Moon Landrieu, was mayor of New Orleans for 28 years. His sister, Mary, was a U.S. Senator. Mitch was lieutenant governor of Louisiana and then mayor of New Orleans from 2010 to 2018. After leaving office he founded the E Pluribus Unum Fund to study issues involving race in the South.