It has been 10 months since electric scooters appeared on Charlotte streets. Since then, city officials have been trying to figure out how to manage things like parking and safety. This week, the city began a six-month pilot project using small electronic payments that it hopes will help.
- Museum Curator In Florida Races Against Time To Preserve Holocaust Items
- Pay Raises, More Staff, Earmarks: Lawmakers Propose Ways To Overhaul Congress
- First Listen: Grupo Fantasma, 'American Music Vol. VII'
- Tiny Desk Family Hour: Amanda Palmer
- Oklahoma Sheriff And Deputies Resign Over 'Dangerous' Jail
Chuck Culpepper and I were friends for years before I ever met him — we used to talk about music and storytelling on a chat room created by some fellow writers back in the Internet’s dial-up days. Chuck is one of the few openly gay male sportswriters in America.