Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative producer.
WFAE, an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 35 years, seeks an assistant producer to help with daily production of Charlotte Talks, WFAE's award-winning talk show. The producer will be responsible for producing high-quality, timely and relevant content for the show that reflects an understanding of the important issues in the region. The successful candidate will have a keen understanding of news and current events and will demonstrate the capacity to get up to speed quickly on important local topics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce shows for Charlotte Talks.
- Execute daily production tasks related to each show.
- Generate ideas for program, research segments, select guests, plan interviews.
- Use news sound, field recordings and music to enhance the show.
- Work in coordination with WFAE reporters on breaking coverage.
- Know and understand how to operate studio control board, phone screening software and editing software.
- Able to operate control board for live editions of Charlotte Talks.
- Use website and social media to engage with listeners and guests, and to follow stories for use on Charlotte Talks.
- Participate in station fund-raising activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of journalistic principles, ethics and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of local, regional, national and international issues desirable.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and also independently.
- Ability to work under strict deadline conditions
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to react quickly to breaking news
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If interested, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include Charlotte Talks Assistant Producer as the subject line of your email. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
WFAE is a fast-paced public radio station offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for challenges. We offer a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
Across WFAE, we strive to:
- Exemplify the highest levels of integrity and public trust.
- Serve as a national and industry model of journalistic excellence.
- Be doggedly committed to telling great stories and serving the public.
- Succeed through teamwork, respect and collaboration.
- Include perse people, voices, thoughts and perspectives at every level of our work.
- Value and reward creativity, curiosity and humor.
- Be bold and take risks in service to journalism and our mission.
- Enter every room with a spirit of generosity and gratitude.