WFAE seeks an experienced fundraising professional to help manage the organization’s major gifts program, the Future Society, which recognizes donors with annual gifts of $1,200 or more. Working closely with the Director of Development and a Development Officer – Major Gifts, the Development Officer – Future Society will implement Moves Management strategies to identify current donors from membership, solicit for increased support, and coordinate stewardship communications. S/he will focus on building a program to increase both the number of Future Society donors and dollars raised. S/he will coordinate event planning, provide important donor research, and donor reports. The role will have limited face-to-face donor meetings.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of annual fund or membership experience with a mission-driven organization. While work experience in public radio is not a requirement—having a passion for journalism, news, NPR and WFAE is mandatory. WFAE’s 19,000+ donors come from a listener base of approximately 200,000 across the greater Charlotte region. The development team is poised to expand on the work other two revenue streams, membership and underwriting, to make fundraising a more significant component of a $7MM budget.
- Significantly grow the number of Future Society members by developing and implementing strategies to move current donors to the $1,200+ level;
- Assist in developing and then manage the execution of a comprehensive annual Future Society plan that includes communication, solicitation and ongoing stewardship;
- Collaborate with team members in development, membership and underwriting to seamlessly manage WFAE relationships;
- Support the Director of Development and Development Officer—Major Gifts on strategic initiatives and projects;
- Be the lead researcher for development;
- Track, analyze and measure fundraising data; extrapolate growth and trends that would drive future growth;
- Work with membership colleagues on WFAE events;
- Contribute to building a culture of philanthropy, fundraising accountability and success throughout the organization; be an active participant in celebrating wins and fundraising success;
- Knowledge of major gift fundraising concepts and operations expected;
- Experience with donor research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Experience implementing and growing an annual fund drive or membership program that has produced significant results; Experience with a robust annual fund drive is preferred;
- A natural problem-solver and self-starter who has the drive and intellect to define potential solutions but the knowledge to know when to ask for help or direction;
- An intellectual curiosity that drives one to find relevant, accurate and helpful donor research and the ability to create a briefing based on findings;
- An appreciation for and comfort level with technology—specifically donor software and/or CRM systems;
- Strong people and project management skills coupled with exceptional written and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to oversee the monitoring of donor information; experience creating and presenting fundraising reports; a bent for analyzing data;
- Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that has natural inclination to move things forward; Comfortable and energized by a fast-paced environment;
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills; A disciplined approach; excellent work habits and work ethic; the ability to stay organized and on track;
- High level of integrity and responsibility; commitment to the values of mutual respect, teamwork, diversity, and support of employees;
- Strong educational credentials; a four-year undergraduate degree is a must;
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic advancement team with a highly-respected and well-loved institution. An attractive and competitive compensation package can be structured to meet the needs of the successful candidate.
If you are interested, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Development Officer in the subject line.