There's a reason you don't see Hanna Raskin’s face in this photo – she tries to keep it hidden for her job.
But her words alone have made her one of the most important names in the Southern food world, especially in her home of Charleston, South Carolina.
She’s the restaurant critic and food writer for the Charleston Post and Courier, and in those dual roles she has charmed readers and ticked off a few restaurant owners.
But everything she writes comes from doing her homework – and beyond that, a deep curiosity about Southern food and what it means.
Let's keep the conversation going. Who do you want to hear from next on the SouthBound podcast?
- Her story on barbecue hash
- Her story on Myrtle Beach buffets in the time of the coronavirus
- Her scrumptious Instagram feed
Other music from this episode:
- Blue Dot Sessions, "Hash Out"
- Doctor Turtle, "Today's Special: Jam Tomorrow"
New episodes of SouthBound come out every other Wednesday. Subscribe: