Today's episode is a replay of our conversation with Brooklyn Decker from October 2018. Decker grew up outside of Charlotte, where SouthBound is based, and was discovered at a mall by a talent scout for a modeling agency. When we talked, she was back in town to see family.
Two updates since our talk: Her Netflix series "Grace and Frankie" just started its sixth season; and Finery, the company she co-founded, was bought by the personal styling service StitchFix.
- Her Instagram feed, which is often hilarious (especially her Instagram Stories)
- The Netflix site for "Grace and Frankie"
- Finery, the business Decker co-founded to help women make the most of what's in their closets
- Her Sports Illustrated swimsuit model page, including her cover from 2010
- An episode of "She Says, Z Says" — the Sports Illustrated video series that led Andy Roddick to call Brooklyn for a date
- A montage of her scenes from "Battleship," set to Barry White. YouTube is an amazing thing.
Other music in this episode:
- Adam Henry Garcia, "Brooklyn Heights"
- Blue Dot Sessions, "Lanky"