Revised Official Rules
THIS RAFFLE IS THE SAME RAFFLE COMMENCED IN MARCH, SUSPENDED IN MARCH DUE TO COVID-19, AND NOW RESUMED IN, AND EXTENDED TO INCLUDE, JUNE FUNDRAISING. THE ONLY CHANGES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE TO AMEND THE RAFFLE PERIOD TIMEFRAME TO ACCOUNT FOR SUSPENSION AND RESUMPTION OF THE RAFFLE PERIOD SO IT REFLECTS TWO ENTRY PERIODS, ONE IN MARCH AND ONE IN JUNE. SEE SECTION 1. WE’VE ALSO ADDED THIS EXPLANATORY PARAGRAPH AND UPDATED THE NAME OF THE RAFFLE TO BETTER SHOW ITS TIMEFRAME. ENTRIES MADE BY ELIGIBLE DONORS PRIOR TO SUSPENSION ON MARCH 13, 2020 AT 11:59:59 am Eastern REMAIN ELIGIBLE ENTRIES.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE DONORS OF WFAE 90.7fm (CHARLOTTE’S NPR NEWS SOURCE) residing IN THE UNITED STATES. MANY WILL ENTER, one WILL WIN. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. Sponsor: University Radio Foundation, Inc. doing business as WFAE Radio 90.7fm, 8801 J.M. Keynes Dr., Ste. 91 Charlotte, NC 28262 (“Sponsor” or “WFAE”). For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.wfae.org.
- RAFFLE PERIOD; HOW TO ENTER. You may enter the WFAE June 2020 (Formerly March 2020) Gift Card Raffle (this “Raffle”) during the Raffle Period. Donations can be made during the Raffle Period by calling Sponsor at 704-549-9000 or contributing to Sponsor online at www.wfae.org. The “Raffle Period” includes two entry periods as a result of the COVID-19 related suspension of this Raffle. The first ran from 6:00:01 am Eastern on March 9, 2020 through 11:59:59 am Eastern on March 13, 2020 (“First Entry Period”). The second (“Second Entry Period”) runs from 6:00:01 am Eastern on June 10, 2020 through 11:59:59 am Eastern on the Day After Fundraising Ends (defined below). Both such entry periods together comprise the “Raffle Period.” The Second Entry Period, and by extension, the Raffle Period, will not extend past 11:59:59 am Eastern on June 30, 2020, and could end as early as 11:59:59 am Eastern on June 20, 2020, depending on fundraising progress. Sponsor’s timekeeping device is the official timekeeping device for this Raffle.
Fundraising by Sponsor for purposes of determining the end of the Raffle Period is expected to continue until June 19, 2020 but may be extended through June 29, 2020. The last day of on-air fundraising will be between June 19, 2020 and June 29, 2020. “Day After Fundraising Ends” means the day after such on-air fundraising by Sponsor ends and will be either June 20, 2020, June 21, 2020, June 22, 2020, June 23, 2020, June 24, 2020, June 25, 2020, June 26, 2020, June 27, 2020, June 28, 2020, June 29, 2020, or June 30, 2020. Sponsor will post notice on its website www.wfae.org that on-air fundraising has ended for purposes of this Raffle on the day that such fund-raising ends, and listeners may also hear such an announcement on-air.
This Raffle is open only to Eligible Donors who meet the criteria described in this paragraph and are residents of the United States. “Eligible Donors” means: (a) current, active sustaining members of WFAE (as identified in WFAE’s records), or (b) any donor who made a donation or additional donation to WFAE during the First Entry Period, or (c) any donor who makes a donation or additional donation to WFAE during the Second Entry Period, excluding in each case employees and contractors of Sponsor. Only Eligible Donors who are 18 or older and are residents of a U.S. state where this Raffle is legal may claim the prize.
Current, active sustaining members of WFAE who are or were Eligible Donors any time during the Raffle Period automatically receive one (1) entry in the Raffle without any action necessary on their part. They may also receive one (1) or more additional automatic entries in the Raffle if they make an additional contribution to WFAE and/or increase their contribution amount one or more times during the Raffle Period. Limit one (1) entry per Eligible Donor by virtue of their status as an Eligible Donor. However, the ability to accumulate additional entries for Eligible Donors who make an additional donation, or increase the amount of their contribution, during the Raffle Period is unlimited; however, to count for an entry in the Raffle, the amount of the additional donation or increased donation committed during the Raffle Period must actually have been paid by an Eligible Donor, at least in part, to Sponsor prior to the end of the Raffle Period. Pledges alone during the Raffle Period (to make a donation in the future) are not eligible for an entry in the Raffle unless also accompanied by payment of a portion of the pledge prior to the end of the Raffle Period. The number of entries associated with a contribution during a certain portion of the Raffle Period follows:
First Entry Period:
- Donations/increases on March 9, 2020 count as 10 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases on March 10, 2020 count as 8 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases on day 3 March 11, 2020 count as 6 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases on day 4 March 12, 2020 count as 4 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases on day 5 March 13, 2020 count as 3 entries per donation/increase.
Second Entry Period:
- Donations/increases on June 10, 2020 through June 14, 2020 count as 3 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases on June 15, 2020 count as 2 entries per donation/increase.
- Donations/increases during the remainder of the Second Entry Period count as 1 entry per donation/increase.
The days for purposes of calculating number of entries will be measured in the Eastern Time zone. If you prefer not to participate, please feel free to decline the prize if you are selected as the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to void as entries into this Raffle online donations generated by script, macro, bot or other automated means or which subvert the entry process will be void. You are responsible for all telephone, internet or data charges imposed by your carrier when you contact Sponsor by phone or online.
- DRAWING; ODDS; WINNER NOTIFICATION. Following the end of the Raffle Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential prize winner from all eligible entries during the Raffle Period. No need to be present at drawing to win. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Raffle Period. Sponsor will notify the potential winner by phone or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. Entrants consent to be contacted by email by or on behalf of Sponsor for purposes of this Raffle. For married couple Eligible Donors where the couple is shown as the “donor” of the entry drawn in Sponsor’s records, the couple can elect which spouse should be the potential winner. For any other donations made in the name of one or more persons, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the potential winner by whose payment card/method was used to make the actual donation corresponding to the entry drawn as the potential winner. As a condition to claim the prize, this Raffle must be legal in the state of residence of the potential winner and the potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor or its designee within five (5) business days of receipt: (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release, and (ii) a W-9 form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) (collectively, the “Winner Documents”). Sponsor reserves the right to have Sponsor or its designee verify potential winner in such manner as Sponsor determines for purposes of confirming eligibility. If a potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them as the potential winner within 24 hours of Sponsor’s attempt, does not timely return the Winner Documents or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. Winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent for Sponsor or its designees to use and/or publish winner’s full name, city and state of residence, hometown, photograph or other likeness, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner, worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes, in any media, without further compensation, notice, review, or approval.
- LIMITS ON LIABILITY. By participating in this Raffle, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Lowe’s stores, and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns of all such parties (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from: (i) any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of prize or resulting from participating in this Raffle or any prize-related activities, and (ii) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty with respect to any prize or portion thereof. The decisions of Sponsor in this Raffle are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor has no liability for any late donations on www.wfae.org received outside of the Raffle Period or any issues of entering information on www.wfae.org or the inability to contact Sponsor by telephone. The Released Parties are not responsible for and shall have no liability for: (a) Winner Documents or notifications in connection with the Raffle that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, damaged, misdirected, or otherwise not received by Sponsor or its designees; (b) any typographical or other error in any materials relating to this Raffle; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Raffle. If this Raffle has to be suspended or cancelled for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control that affect the proper conduct of this Raffle, or due to unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failure, or if this Raffle is compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right, among other possible resolutions, to draw the potential winner from the pool of eligible entries received prior to the suspension or cancellation. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE WWW.WFAE.ORG OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- PRIVACY. The potential winners recognize and agree that their personal information is needed by Sponsor to complete the donation process and for contact, eligibility and prize fulfillment purposes in this Raffle. See also Sponsor’s Donor Privacy Statement at https://www.wfae.org/donor-privacy-statement.
- DISPUTES. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed under, the laws of the State of North Carolina. Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
[End of Official Rules]