WFAE is an innovative, multiplatform public media organization offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for challenges. We offer a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
Across WFAE, we strive to:
- Exemplify the highest levels of integrity and public trust.
- Serve as a national and industry model of journalistic excellence.
- Be doggedly committed to telling great stories and serving the public.
- Succeed through teamwork, respect and collaboration.
- Include diverse people, voices, thoughts and perspectives at every level of our work.
- Value and reward creativity, curiosity and humor.
- Be bold and take risks in service to journalism and our mission.
- Enter every room with a spirit of generosity and gratitude.
Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Don't see the job your looking for below? Submit your application for freelance or part-time work, or send us your resume and cover letter for future consideration using this application: http://bit.ly/WFAEapplication.
WFAE is seeking a talk show producer for its daily one-hour program Charlotte Talks with Mike Collins. The ideal candidate will be responsible for booking, researching and producing high-quality content for the program, working closely with the show’s other producers and host to develop and present timely (breaking) and creative programming. Keen understanding of news, local current events and issues is important to success in this position. Responsible for on-air, online and production tasks at WFAE.
WFAE seeks an experienced fundraising professional to help advance WFAE’s Major Gifts program, both general operating support and restricted projects like WFAE’s Race and Equity Team. This position will cultivate and steward a portfolio of 100 Leadership Circle donors ($1,200+) in-person, on the phone, and online and reports to the Director of Development. Responsibilities also include donor research, reporting, and maintenance of donor records in Allegiance CRM. Occasional “off-hours” event attendance and travel within WFAE’s 30+ county broadcast area will be expected. WFAE staff continue to work remotely, and the organization plans to always have some percentage of remote work with all positions.