Beating The Clock On Jobs (Summer) Friday
Five labor market indicators, one minute each. They are:
1) This year, the average number of jobs added to the economy each month has been 215,000, an increase on last year's average of 182,000.
2) The share of adults between the ages of 25 and 54 with a job is now 79.5 percent.
3) The manufacturing sector has added 327,000 jobs in the past year, which represents a faster pace of job creation than the overall economy — a reversal of the trend from a few years ago.
4) The unemployment rate for high school graduates with no college experience has fallen to 4%.
5) The number of part-time workers who would rather be working full-time has been falling, and they now account for only 2.8 percent of the labor force.
Copyright 2020 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.