The first time most of us saw Brooklyn Decker, she wasn’t wearing many clothes. She first appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in 2006, when she was just 19. Four years later, she was on the cover. But not long after that, she gave up modeling for an acting career.
She’s been in 10 movies and appeared on eight television shows. Now, she’s a regular on the Netflix series “Grace and Frankie,” playing the daughter of a character played by Jane Fonda.
In real life, Brooklyn is the mother of two kids with her husband, Andy Roddick, the former U.S. Open tennis champion. She grew up in the Charlotte suburbs and comes back often to see family. While she was here, she stopped by the WFAE studios.
- Her Instagram feed, which is often hilarious (especially her Instagram Stories)
- The Netflix site for "Grace and Frankie"
- Finery, the business Decker co-founded to help women make the most of what's in their closets
- Her Sports Illustrated swimsuit model page, including her cover from 2010
- An episode of "She Says, Z Says" — the Sports Illustrated video series that led Andy Roddick to call Brooklyn for a date
- A montage of her scenes from "Battleship," set to Barry White. YouTube is an amazing thing.
Other music in this episode:
- Adam Henry Garcia, "Brooklyn Heights"
- Blue Dot Sessions, "Lanky"