Fireworks Behind At Least Four Injuries And A House Fire In Mecklenburg County
MEDIC reports it received four calls in the Charlotte area for burns from fireworks Wednesday. One victim was taken to Carolinas Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
It appears improperly discarded fireworks sparked a house fire in Huntersville.
Firefighters responded to a call around 1a.m. Thursday morning on Devonshire Drive after a neighbor spotted the blaze from his window. The Huntersville Fire Department says the fireworks were placed on a trash can outside the home after the residents set them off earlier in the night. No one was injured and only the house's exterior was damaged.