Coroner: SC Teen Electrocuted Playing With A Metal Pole
ANDERSON, S.C. — South Carolina authorities say a 13-year-old boy was electrocuted when a metal pole he was playing with touched a power line.
News outlets report the Anderson County Coroner's Office says Brayden D. Williford was killed Sunday night while playing with a metal pole outside a friend's house. The office says the shock caused Williford to suffer a fatal heart attack.
Emergency responders attempted CPR, but Williford was pronounced dead at a medical center about an hour after the electrocution.
The coroner's office ruled the death accidental. An investigation is ongoing.