1 Man Dead After House Fire In Northwest Charlotte

Apr 29, 2018

A man died in a house fire early Saturday morning in northwest Charlotte, fire officials said.

According to the Charlotte Fire Department’s twitter feed, firefighters put out the fire in the 9400 block of Northwoods Forest Drive a little after 3 a.m. and removed one victim with life-threatening injuries. Later that morning, fire officials tweeted that there was one fire fatality. The victim was Donavin Durant, according to WSOC-TV.

Fire officials tweeted that the fire was the result of cooking items left unattended, and estimated the damage at $95,000.

Durant’s family has been notified, according to WSOC-TV.

Tags: