© 2020 WFAE
90.7 Charlotte 93.7 Southern Pines 90.3 Hickory 106.1 Laurinburg
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
Local News

Authorities Search For Felon Charged In Shooting At SC Bar

breante_stevens.png
Lancaster County Sheriff's Office

LANCASTER, S.C.  — Authorities in South Carolina are searching for a convicted felon charged with murder in a bar shooting that killed two people and wounded eight others.

Lancaster County Sheriff Barry Faile told reporters at a Wednesday news conference that 31-year-old suspect Breante Deon Stevens should be considered armed and dangerous. 

Faile had said authorities believe Stevens had a dispute with one of the slain men. He previously served time on drug and robbery charges.

A heavily redacted incident report released Wednesday sheds little light on the Saturday attack at Ole Skool club in Lancaster. It includes eight redacted names and the names of the slain, Henry Lee Colvin and Aaron Harris. Two wounded patrons remain in critical condition.

We Need Your Help Now More Than Ever

WFAE mask

Our newsroom is hard at work covering everything from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic to the aftermath of the election, the race for a vaccine and our communities' fight to rebuild. But we can't do it without you. Support our local journalism with a donation of ANY amount, and we’ll send you a free WFAE member mask courtesy of AllDayMask.com of Monroe.