Former Trump NC Staffer Claims Gun Pulled On Him By Boss
Donald Trump has a reputation for suing his critics. Now a former member of his North Carolina staff is suing the Republican nominee’s presidential campaign and its former state director for assault, battery, negligence and emotional distress.
The suit, filed Wednesday, was first reported by WBTV. And the complaint lays out a bizarre road trip just before the South Carolina Republican presidential primary earlier this year.
The plaintiff’s name is Vincent Bordini. At the time he was working as an IT specialist for Trump’s North Carolina campaign.
Bordini says he was riding with his former boss, Earl Phillip, when Phillip, out of the blue, pulled out a 45 caliber pistol, pointed it first at Bordini then pushed the barrel of the gun into Bordini’s knee cap.
We can’t say on the radio the exact words Bordini used but let’s just say he complained.
Then, according to the complaint, Phillip put the gun away like nothing had happened.
At the time Phillip was the North Carolina director of the Donald Trump campaign.
Bordini says he reported the incident to a number of high-level Trump staffers, including Cory Lewandowski, then Trump’s national campaign manager. But no action was ever taken.
Now Bordini is suing Phillip and the Trump campaign for unspecified damages.
Both Lewandowski and Phillip no longer work for the campaign.
When reached for comment Phillip referred us to his lawyer who said the allegations were something his client clearly did not do. And they intend to file a counter-suit for defamation of character.