Leighton Ford wasn’t born a Southerner, but surely by now he qualifies – he has lived in Charlotte more than 60 years. Before then, back home in Canada, he met a young preacher named Billy Graham. He ended up not just working with Graham, but marrying his sister Jeanie. He went on to his own career as a teacher and mentor to young evangelist. But he and Billy Graham stayed friends to Graham’s dying day.
Ford is 87 now. He has spent a lot of time thinking about not just how he got to where he is, but what might lie ahead – and whether the things he has believed all these years will turn out to be real.
Let's keep the conversation going. Who do you want to hear from next on the SouthBound podcast? Submit your idea in the box below. You can also send a tweet to @tommytomlinson or @wfae, and email me at email@example.com.
- The Leighton Ford Ministries site
- His memories of Billy Graham
- A column about finding his birth mother
- His book of paintings, "Places of the Heart"
- An Easter poem from John Updike
Other music in this episode:
- James Pants, "Sweet Lord"
- Dee Yan-Key, "Lamb of God"
New episodes of SouthBound will come out every other week on Wednesday. Subscribe: