SouthBound: Laura Vinroot Poole On How Southern Women Dress, Her Own Path Into The Fashion World
If you know much about fashion, you probably know the name Laura Vinroot Poole. The fashion business definitely knows about her – she’s a common presence in the houses of designers all over the world. She owns three boutiques in Charlotte, and her flagship store, Capitol, has now been around for 20 years. But Laura Vinroot Poole didn’t plan on going into fashion. The path of her life has surprised her, the same way it surprised her family and friends. It all came from one strong desire – to get back home.
- Laura Vinroot Poole's flagship store: Capitol boutique
- Her Instagram, which is about one-third fashion and two-thirds travel photos
- The "Look Homeward, Angel" clutch mentioned in the episode
- A recent profile from Charlotte Magazine
- A recent mention in The New York Times
- A Q&A from Style Blueprint
- The Penland School of Crafts, which she mentions in the episode
- Wikipedia page for Richard Vinroot, Laura's dad
Music From This Episode:
- Blue Shelled - Waking Aida
- New Orleans Instrumental No. 1 - R.E.M.
Where to Listen:
SouthBound is a production of WFAE. Our host is Tommy Tomlinson. Our producer is Nick de la Canal. Our web manager is Jennifer Lang. Our audience engagement producer is Joni Deutsch, and our theme music comes from Josh Turner.